I am an unrepentant insomniac who is at her most creative in the wee hours of night til ghostly exhaustion kicks in, some time the following morning. I haven't seen much daylight lately. I'm cooking a vitamin D deficiency. No added salt.
After about a year of contemplation, I set about cleaning my room on this particular night. Just me, my room and Cafe del Mar. The Cafe del Mar was crap and I should have gone with Martha Wainwright.
I've put a very sizable dint in the chaos of dust, rubbish and clothes. Burned sticks and cones of incense and a scented yellow candle to help dispel the demons of disorganisation and decrepitness.
I just learned a new word. You might like this.
Tatterdemalion. A person dressed in rags...a ragamuffin. What an excellent word!
Anyway, I am also day one of quitting smoking. I wonder if I'll ever fall asleep again?
I tend to get very productive when I'm not smoking. Very productive and also very food-consuming. It's a hand to mouth thing.
I was reading another woman's blog and this inspired me to start my own. I do have one floating around somewhere which I started,oh, about eight years ago. Can't find it.
Thanks for reading, or not. Night Night.
More please.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me this exists....I tend to start these things, then forget them...
ReplyDeleteHope you're well!